Monday 22 August 2011

Dave Pimentel

I'm teaching a silversmithing class starting on Wednesday, and while putting together some images for the class I came across this post by Lynette Andreasen about my undergraduate metalsmithing professor at Arizona State University, Dave Pimentel. Dave was the head of the metalsmithing department at Arizona State University until he passed away in 2004.


Dave was a talented silversmith who could raise complicated forms (like the one above) from a single disk of metal through just the use of hammers and stakes. He taught me virtually everything I know about silversmithing. His office was lined with shelves stacked full of his work, which Lynette has taken some great photos of. Thanks, Lynette, for keeping a record of Dave's work and the ASU studio and sharing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment